Thursday, March 21, 2013
why i do it
* a little background: makeup has always been an important part of my life. i grew up surrounded by the performing arts. but in addition to that - when I was very young, my mother sold mary kay, and I was her canvas for demos. There was always a ton of products in the house. when other kids were playing outside, I would be inside playing makeup with whatever products I snatched out of the hall closet.
fast forward 25 years. after gaining 80lbs from having my first child, I felt as far from glamorous as it gets. I rarely wore makeup any more. when my first child was 8 or 9 months old, a co-worker repeated to me that another co-worker said (after seeing my facebook photos) "lisa was very pretty, back when she took care of herself." that got to me. so I started wearing makeup every day again. (and high heels). and you know what - I started to feel better about myself. like, from the outside in.
so, within 2 months time, I was pregnant again. the pregnancy was very hard on me physically, and I spent the last 2 months in the hospital. after he was born, there was some physical damage done, and it was a long journey back. so here i was with a toddler and an infant, still fat, and crippled too. but as time passed, I rediscovered how good I felt about myself when I looked good.
so, this past christmas, my husband bought me the 2012 sephora blockbuster color palette. suddenly, I had 64 eye shadows at my disposal. I decided I wanted to learn how to use blue eyeshadow. I googled it. that's when i discovered the world of youtube makeup tutorials. I spent a weekend glued to youtube. I started posting pictures on my facebook. friends started asking questions. thus, mommy's makeup was born.
I want to help other new mom's recapture their fabulousness! I want to help other new mothers learn how EASY it is to look and feel glamorous, in surprisingly little time!
this blog is where I will be posting pics, product reviews, and very soon - tutorials! so stay tuned.
and please email me if you have any questions or requests!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment